Europe's online source of news, data & analysis for professionals involved in packaged media and new delivery technologies

AudioDev acquires ETA-Optik as part of growth strategy

AudioDev has acquired STEAG ETA-Optik GmbH from HamaTech owned by Germany's Singulus Technologies. The acquision enhances the Swedish test equipment maker 's position in optical media while adding new technology and applications. It also marks the beginning of a new phase for AudioDev with a greater focus being put on acquisitions.

ETA-Optik has technological expertise in measurement techniques and spectrometry. The company's product range includes both in-line (scanners) and off-line analyzers, which complements AudioDev's products in optical media. In addition, the company has products for applications outside of optical media that provide a platform for increased growth in new markets.

ETA-Optik sales totalled €4.85 million in 2006, with around 60 percent of the business in optical media and the remaining 40 percent in other fields. The main office is located in Heinsberg, Germany, and the company has about 40 employees, working primarily in research and development.

ETA-Optik has undergone significant restructuring in 2006, and is expected to return a modest profit in 2007, excluding integration costs estimated at SEK 7 million (€770,000). The purchase price, paid in cash, totals €3.25 million.

As part of the agreement, Singulus Technologies will continue to employ measuring equipment by ETA-Optik
for optical disc replication lines in the future.

"The optical media industry has been characterised by restricted investment in production and test equipment in 2006, which has continued into the fourth quarter," says AudioDev. "In order to pursue a strategy of growth in optical media while at the same time expanding the business to cover closely allied technical fields, AudioDev is looking to make more acquisitions in the future."

Story filed 12.02.07

Bookmark and Share

Article Comments

comments powered by Disqus